Saturday 4 January 2020

Combs Lane - (October/November 2019)

I thought I had concluded October's photography ahead of the new year but I had forgotten about a set taken on Combs Lane. I had held these back to contrast with November's photography at the same location. I wanted to show the transition through the autumn months at a venue that I have been following for most of 2019 - when I say following, I mean going back in different conditions at different times of the year, something that is part of my landscape photography process and an aspect that I really enjoy.

The main target for the autumn photography on Combs Lane was a magnificent beech tree. It has a wonderful shape and sits nicely on an opening to a field allowing photographs to be taken from different angles. These are some of the shots from the last quarter of October with just hints of changing colour, then some of the same tree in peak colour at the start of November, but in poor weather conditions. By the end of November many of the leaves had fallen but the weather was much better...










In addition to the beech tree on Combs Lane are a number of other trees that compose nicely. Some of these standalone in the fields or form part of the far hedgerows making it difficult to positively identify the type of tree. My best guess in this following set is a sycamore, an oak and a couple of lime trees. The images follow the above format showing the trees at beginning of autumn and then end of November when some had lost all their leaves:











No comments:

Post a Comment