Sunday 19 January 2020

Peak Autumn Colours in Sherwood Forest (November 2019)

To write the introduction for this selection of photographs from Sherwood Forest I referred to the notes I made at the time. These notes tend to be one or two words that I jot on my phone which help me to remember what I was thinking at the point of capture. This is particularly useful when I am publishing sets of images taken months ago, or in this case last year, or even in the previous decade!

As it turned out, all I actually wrote for this visit to Sherwood was: peak beech, oak later. 

Looking at the images below I can translate my note to mean that the beech trees, near to Hanger Hill, had reached the peak of their autumn colours i.e. there are no green leaves on the trees and colours were predominantly vibrant yellows and oranges. The oaks on the other hand are generally one of the last tree types to change their colours and my note was shorthand to return towards the end of November, which I subsequently did, and I will publish those results after some city shots that I am currently preparing. 

So, here is the peak colour set from Sherwood Forest. I do remember, in addition to the notes, how thrilled I was capturing these colours and I hope some of this is reflected in the final results:























No comments:

Post a Comment