Tuesday 8 December 2020

Sherwood Forest - Part 2 (November 2020)

With the conditions being so good for the photography, I continued my walk from Hanger Hill (see my previous post) to Green Drive, stopping at a beech wood. I then followed Broad Drive to complete a circular route around the forest. 

These were some of the scenes at the beech wood. I particularly like this location as the trees are closely planted with a dense canopy that stifles any undergrowth. In autumn, the ground has a mat of russet beech leaves and some of the trees have low spreading branches which provides a focal point for the photography:










On Broad Drive there was a mix of oak, birch and beech trees ling the path. The autumn colours were again magnificent in the sunshine and fabulous for the photography. These were some of the results:












No comments:

Post a Comment