Tuesday 29 December 2020

Robin Hood Hill (November 2020)

Buoyed by the wonderful larch colours in Blidworth Woods (see my last post), I decided to cap a fine weather day with a walk up to Robin Hood Hill. 

Robin Hood Hill is a venue I tend to visit on a regular basis as it is one of the few local places where there is some height and a view. I was therefore surprised to find that I hadn’t been to Robin Hood Hill since early September, missing out the peak of the autumn season. 

As it turned out, the low warming sunlight at the end of the day aided the remaining colours on the oak trees and a distant wood/plantation on the Oxton Estate. 

I tried a number of different compositions to capture the wood including a panorama of five separate images stitched together in Lightroom. I don’t often do this but the scene seemed to lend itself to this format. These were some of the results:











Walking back to the car, I thought I had seen the last of the day’s sunshine but just before sunset there was one last fiery burst of light:





No comments:

Post a Comment