Wednesday 9 December 2020

Budby South Forest (November 2020)

The final stop on my photographic walk around Sherwood Forest (see my previous posts) was Budby South Forest. 

I was walking back to car when I spotted a vibrant yellow birch tree, lit up by the afternoon sunlight. This led to a diversion and an additional walk into an area of the forest that is more heathland than woodland.



 As I walked across the heath towards the Crown Hill Plantation I found similar scenes, bright dotted colours from the young birch trees, often combined with neatly shaped oak trees: 


















This final set of photographs was a fitting end to a fine day of photography in Sherwood Forest - probably the best day of this year’s autumn season, although a few days later there were some misty conditions which extended the autumn photography in the forests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment