Sunday 13 December 2020

Clipstone Forest (November 2020)

Early November turned out to be a very busy period for the photography. A fine day in Sherwood, see my previous three posts, was quickly followed by a couple of misty mornings which saw me heading out to the local forests and woodlands once again.

Everything looked fairly promising on the drive to Clipstone Forest but when I arrived I could see the sun starting to break through the mist, which then quickly cleared to leave a bright sunny morning. There was just enough time to capture the diffused sunlight on these scenes in the pine wood:





Once the mist had lifted there was a fresh clarity to the air and a brightness which combined nicely with the autumnal oak trees on Strawberry Hill, the remaining colours from the beech and birch trees, and the reflections in Stallon Pond: 

















A few days later the mist descended again. This time is was more persistent and didn’t really clear for the whole day. This provided an opportunity to properly capture some of the remaining autumn colours in different conditions and I will show the results in my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment