Tuesday 22 October 2019

Curbar Edge (September 2019)

Two visits to Curbar Edge in the Peak District during September, one for a family walk, and the second for watercolour sketching 'au plein air'. Currently, I am keen to develop my art work and everything that I have read and watched online recommends drawing and painting from real life rather than photographs.

As for the results....I think I need more practice or perhaps more experience to judge the outcomes. I certainly don't have the same level of confidence in my painting as I do with my photography but then again I have been taking photographs for many years, and, I can remember being equally unsure about aspects of photography when I first started. This was my very basic set up on Curbar Edge:



In terms of the photography, I selected different aspects of Curbar Edge on both occasions including some of the isolated birch trees, remnants of flowering heather, some gritstone studies, and finally a few golden hour landscapes:






















No comments:

Post a Comment