Tuesday 15 October 2019

Sherwood Forest - Part 2

These are a second selection of photographs from Sherwood Forest taken in early September 2019 and whilst I was principally looking for the signs of autumn - see my previous post - I also captured the end of season greens provided mainly by the oak and beech trees.

There where a couple of challenges when making the exposures for these shots including some deep shadows and bright highlights and then deteriorating light towards the end of the afternoon.

I managed the highlights by exposing for the brightest area and leaving the shadows as captured in the camera. Where I needed a more balanced exposure I increased the ISO in camera and later applied some noise reduction in Lightroom. Sometimes this spoils the final image by softening the detail but this is only apparent when viewing the image at full size. When displaying online it is less noticeable and the colours and composition can take priority over the image quality.




















No comments:

Post a Comment