Thursday 26 November 2020

River Trent (October 2020)

One problem with including references to poor weather in a photoblog, which I have done lately for October's photography, is then mainly showing photographs which includes bright sunshine!

I guess I mention poor weather because is reduces the opportunities for photography and I find myself having to make a call about where to go including taking account of the priorities for the time of year. For example, this trip to the River Trent, near Fiskerton, was made at the expense of another trip to the forest and woods for the autumn colours. 

That said, the Trent was high on my list for October. I had a note to revisit a willow tree that I had captured in late spring and later converted to black and white:



I was keen to see if I could repeat this composition with autumn colours, although the angle of the light and the time of day was different to the spring visit. These were some of the results:



As can be seen, it was a lovely bright morning by the Trent and these were some of the other scenes that I captured on the day:















By the time I had completed the walk the weather had changed and the clouds had rolled in. A couple of hours later it was raining yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment