Friday 6 November 2020

Clipstone Forest (September 2020)

During my practice photography sessions in the local woodlands and forests (see my previous post), I noticed that the birch trees had started to change colour signalling the start of autumn. 

This reminded me of a location in Clipstone Forest where the birches are particularly tall with most of leaves clustering at the top the trees. In bright sunshine they catch the light and can be very colourful. 

These were some of the results all taken on the penultimate day of September:










Whilst in the area I visited Stallon Pond where there are a line of birch trees that reflect their colours in the water during autumn. It was probably a bit too early in the season for the full colour but the reflected clouds did catch my eye for this set of abstract style images:







No comments:

Post a Comment