Thursday 13 February 2020

First Photography of 2020...

These are a selection of abstract style images of silver birch branches and some emerging catkins taken on New Year's Day (the final image provides a context to the close-up shots). At the time I hadn't quite formulated my photography resolutions for the year ahead but these first photographs of the year helped to shape my thinking about new projects, subjects, and my general approach to the activity.

The main aspect I am grappling with is whether to continue with the current style of photography and how it interacts with the increasing focus I am placing on other art projects, including watercolour painting, graphite drawing and urban sketching. I would like to include more of my art in this blog but currently I am lacking enough experience to judge the results. I know, however, that publishing my photography was the key to making improvements...so may be I will bite the bullet during this year and post some art as well as photography.














No comments:

Post a Comment