Monday 17 February 2020

January on the Southwell Trail - Part 2

This selection from the Southwell Trail includes photographs of the close-up details I spotted during the month including these frosty scenes:











I often find myself drawn to the winter remains of the rosebay willowherb (or fireweed as they are sometimes called) but I do find them hard to photograph. I have tried close-ups of the dried seed heads on a number of occasions without producing anything that I like. This time I tried stepping back a bit but I am still not sure about the results... although I do like the idea of capturing the complexity of nature as a project for the forthcoming year....





Lots of hazel catkins on show during January and some on the alder trees as well:



Lastly, some sunlight and shadow in the winter trees along the trail:







No comments:

Post a Comment