Monday 3 February 2020

December on the Southwell Trail - Part 3

This selection of photographs from the Southwell Trail concentrates on the detailed aspects of the trail captured during December. They include frosty leaves, tree fruits, and anything else that caught my eye whilst out walking.

The first set features frosty leaves, ferns and grasses. A few of these have been uploaded to photo social media and the ones with sunny highlights gained a good reaction. I am always pleased if fellow photographers like any of my images:













Next are a few similar compositions but this time without the frost. I particularly liked the colours and the wet shine in these shots:





Some end of season rosehips caught my eye as did the new catkins on the hazel trees. It seemed very early for the catkins but I think I say that every year:



Something else that happens at this time of year is my habit is converting winter twigs and branches into gritty black and whites. They make interesting and sometimes hard to look at abstracts. The third image below was captured using the cameras black and white filter and I quite like the grainy effect. I have also included one composition without a black and white conversion which I don't think has the same impact as the black and white's:





Finally, the very last bit of autumn, desperately holding on to a tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment