Sunday 2 February 2020

Winter Trees (December 2019)

I was back in Sherwood Forest in early December to start the winter tree photography. I felt that after all the autumn photography I had my ‘eye in’ for tree compositions and I didn’t want that to fade. I further felt that my enthusiasm for the subject was still high which is important for any form of photography.

That said, having enthusiasm for the subject and being on a roll doesn’t guarantee results. On this occasion I ended up doing more walking than photography. I got caught in two minds trying to focus on winter trees and searching out the last remnants of autumn colour. This led to some images being taken in the Major Oak area and others quite a distance away in Budby South Forest, where I also got diverted onto ice patterns in puddles - see my previous posts.

On reflection I wish I had focused more on the major oak area where I took these shots:







On the path to Budby South Forest I stopped for these treetop style of composition, attracted by some remaining autumnal colours:






Lastly, these were the shots taken in the Budby South Forest which is mostly heathland with a few plantations. Again, on reflection I should have chosen one location or the other and had I done so I think I would have ended up with a more coherent set of images, although I enjoyed the walk!










No comments:

Post a Comment