Thursday 25 October 2018

Unfinished Villas (September 2018)

There are a number of unfinished villas and roads at the edge of Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. I am guessing that these are remnants of the financial crisis in 2008 which hit the market for holiday homes hard and halted any further development.

Before I show some of the photographs from one partially completed development I want to clarify that these are not typical of the resort - I don't want to put anyone off Playa Blanca which is a great place for a holiday with fantastic looking hotels and leisure facilities. The coastline is wonderful with great views across to Fuerteventura and there are spectacular volcanic mountains inland. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Whether at home or abroad however I tend to search out subjects for my photography that I find visually interesting and these are not necessarily the picture postcard views. I like to compose with shapes, lines, colours and tones and these are sometimes found in unusual or unexpected places - like abandoned building sites!






















No comments:

Post a Comment