Saturday 14 December 2019

Sherwood Beech Trees (October 2019)

As mentioned in previous posts, the photography during October was dogged by bad weather with many dull and rainy days. When the sun did shine I took full opportunity with trips to the local forests to capture the autumn colours. On these occasions I tended to take far too many images knowing from the forecast that the rain was returning either later in the day or the next day.

The following selection was taken on one of the brighter days in Sherwood Forest. From the many photographs that I took on the day I have edited the results to focus on the beech tree colours including some from a plantation near to Hanger Hill. I particularly like this wood as the closely planted trees have blocked the light to the ground preventing an undergrowth from forming. At this time of year there is a nice carpet of dry russet coloured leaves:





















No comments:

Post a Comment