Thursday 15 October 2020

War Memorial (September 2020)

I set out in Nottingham city centre looking for a subject that I could get my photographic teeth suck into but struggled for inspiration - more walking than photography. Eventually, I decided I was over complicating things and needed to simply capture the light of the day without overly worry about the subject matter. 

This approach led to a series of images centred around the War Memorial on the Trent embankment. I started with big images, the whole memorial in sunlight, then selections of the structure and finally more detailed compositions. Eventually, I found the following rather unusual but visually engaging image in the memorial fountain; lily pads in sunlit water:


These are selection of the photographs leading to the lily pad shot:
















No comments:

Post a Comment