Monday 1 June 2020

Luskentyre - Part 3 (2013)

This final selection from day one of the Isle of Harris includes close ups of the rocks and sand patterns at Luskentyre. If I remember correctly, we had decided to take a break from the landscape photography and took a wander along the shoreline in between the rain showers, taking only a compact camera.

In 2013, I didn’t prioritise this type of close up photography in the way I might today and would  seeing it as a secondary activity to the classic landscapes. Looking back now I can see how this balance was beginning to change, prompted in part by this visit to Scotland. I don’t think this was a conscious decision to change but I was influenced by the thoughts and actions of other photographers on the same trip, as will become evident in the forthcoming posts in this series.

When I returned from Scotland I processed only one or two images from this afternoon session so most of the following photographs were only looked at properly in the last month. Again, as I have stated a few times in this series, I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I particularly like the shapes and textures of the shoreline rocks, many dotted with lichen:


























No comments:

Post a Comment