Wednesday 17 June 2020

Seilebost (Isle of Harris 2013)

The lockdown review of my trip Scotland in 2013 has delivered much pleasure at a time when  normal photographic activity has not been possible. As we start to get back to normal, I am still processing the images, finding scenes that I passed over first time around. I am also appreciating more the fabulous landscape of Luskentyre on the Isle of Harris.

The following selection starts with the first early morning photography of the visit, looking across from Seilebost to the Harris Hills, Taransay and dunes at Luskentyre. The first image is a surprise rediscovered panorama.

Similar to some of the photography at Scarista (see my previous post), I had taken multiple overlapping images in 2013 without completing the merged version when I return home. The light on houses at Luskentyre together with the reflection makes this one of my favourite ‘new’ images from trip. It is then followed by a single image of the same scene with a slightly different fall of the light:




This next image is one that I had identified and processed in 2013. I think this one stood out due the strong foreground and warming sunlight:


After the early start, the rest of the morning was spent on the beach at Seilebost. The light was more variable and I turned my attention mainly to the patterns and reflection in the sand:











Finally, an early evening shot looking across to the dunes at Luskentyre - another rediscovered scene:


No comments:

Post a Comment