Monday 11 May 2020

Slate Quarry (April 2013)

It rained on and off during the second day in Scotland (2013) which prevented the planned dawn trip to Castle Stalker. Instead we filled the time with a visit to the Ballaculish slate quarry before a drive to the Eas Chia-aig waterfall on the approach to Loch Arkaig, the monument at Speen Bridge, and Glen Coe.

In this post I will concentrate on the photographs from the slate quarry, most of which I had never processed until now, seven years later. I guess I was very landscape focused at the time and treated the quarry as a photographic time filler between rain showers. On reflection this was a mistake, the colours and textures are wonderful with some looking like abstract painted landscapes or scenes from 'other worlds'. I can remember pointing this out at the time but the results didn’t really register as they would today:





















No comments:

Post a Comment