Wednesday 13 May 2020

Scotland - Day 2 (2013)

After visiting the slate quarry in Ballaculish - see my previous post, we toured for the rest of the day, often dodging the rain, and taking advantage of any breaks in the cloud.

Where we actually went, however, was lost in the memory and seven years later all I can do is piece things together from the photographs. These days, I am much better at recording location notes on my phone including any points of interest that might be useful for a future blogposts. This in turn often drives the photography giving it extra purpose and coherence.


I believe that the afternoon was spent looking for the Eas Chia-aig (Water of the Old Witch) waterfalls which included a drive along Loch Lochy to Loch Arkaig. At several points we stopped to view Ben Nevis as it emerged from the clouds:







More obvious to the recollection was the stop at the Commando Monument at Speen Bridge:







The last venue of the day was Buachaille Etive Mor and the classic waterfall scene on the River Coupall. I had seen this particular scene photographed many times in photography magazines, and on photographic websites, and was keen to capture my own version. Like many photographers before and after me, I used a long exposure to create the movement in the water:



No comments:

Post a Comment