Monday 18 May 2020

Stalker Castle (2013)

Now that some of the coronavirus restrictions have lifted there is new photography to show - see my previous post - as well as the series that I started from the Scotland trip in 2013. In terms of posting, this will mean switching between timeframes, balancing my eagerness to post up-to-date material whilst ensuring that my photo processing efforts during lockdown are not wasted. Going back and re-processing old photography turned out to be more rewarding than I first envisaged and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the results including these images of Stalker Castle.

As I stated in previous post in the Scotland series, we had identified Stalker Castle as a location for the golden hours of the morning and evening. The indifferent weather had stalled the progress on day two and it was not looking great at the start of day three. By evening, however, there was a great improvement in the weather which continued into the following day. These were the sunset shots from day three:




And these were the dawn photographs from day four:




The early part of day three was spent touring through Glen Etive. The photography was conducted between showers, some of them quite wintery. As a result, some of the original images appeared to be over exposed. I was therefore pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail I recovered in the re-processing exercise:











On the way back from Glen Etive we stopped again to repeat the waterfall scene below Buachaille Etive Mor (see my previous post for the first visit). There was more light this time and the composition seemed to work both in colour and mono:




The rest of day four was spent traveling from Ballachulish to the Isle of Harris. Due to the timings we didn’t have an opportunity to stop during the journey so the next photography from Scotland 2013 starts on the following day at Seilebost and Lustkentyre.


No comments:

Post a Comment