Saturday 9 February 2019

Sherwood Forest Revisited (November 2018)

I was back in Sherwood Forest towards the end of November for some final autumn photography. On this occasion I started by walking through Budby South Forest which is more heathland than forest with a number of fine oak trees standing in the open:






I often stop at the Crown Hill Planation when I walk through Budby South Forest where there is a  mix of oak and birch trees on elevated ground:



On the edge of the heath are a couple birch woods where the trees are more densely planted:








My normal route then takes me through the pine plantations into an area that could be described as the main Sherwood Forest country park. This area includes many of the ancient oaks but by the time I had arrived the sunlight was starting to fade at ground level and most of the photography was high in the tree tops. These were some of final shots of the afternoon and I will show the tree top shots in the next post:







No comments:

Post a Comment