Friday 15 February 2019

Blidworth Woods (Dec 2018)

After all the colours of autumn, it took some time to adjust to winter photography in the forests. For the first time in months I had to consciously search out my compositions rather than react to the scenes in front of me. As a consequence, I came away from Blidworth Woods in December with only a small selection of photographs - a contrast to the multi-part posts from the autumn visits during November.

For most of the walk there was little direct sunlight but for a few minutes the sun came through lighting up the last colours of the autumn season. I tried to capture this as best I could but looking back at all the results, I much prefer the subtle winter tones of the pines and larch trees in the selection below:








No comments:

Post a Comment