Wednesday 12 January 2022

Sherwood Forest (November 2021)

After 10 years of good service the PC finally stuck two fingers up and refused to do any further work. It had be complaining for some time, suggesting that the boot drive was ‘critical’ and needed replacing.

There is never a good time to replace a PC, not only is it costly but there is the inconvenience of losing access, albeit temporarily, to my photos. I am also thinking of the changes I have made over the years to ensure a smooth workflow from photo capture to printing - small details that I might not be able to replicate or that I have forgotten how to do..

Looking positively though, there will be a welcome opportunity to start again with a better specification, something that has been brought home to me by my temporary solution. Currently, I am working on a standby PC. It has only 8gb RAM shared between applications and the graphics card. Simply operating Adobe Lightroom uses more than 90% of memory and it needs a cranking handle to open a file in Photoshop!

All this means that I am behind with all aspects of photography including the blog where it is fair to say I have lost the thread over Christmas. Going back to November’s photography, as I am doing here, seems an awful long time ago but I believe there are some good images that are worth showing, plus it buys a bit of time to get my technology sorted. 

So, if I remember correctly, I had returned to Hanger Hill Wood in mid November expecting to find the beech trees at the peak of their autumn colour and, aided by some fine sunny weather, that was exactly what I found:



















No comments:

Post a Comment