Monday 20 December 2021

Clipstone Forest (November 2021)

Nearly all of November’s photography was spent following the autumn colours in my usual woodland and forest locations. This can look somewhat repetitive when collated into a series of blog posts but the hardest aspect to convey in this format is the pleasure of capturing the seasonal spectacle - it is my favourite time of year and as soon there was a prospect of some decent sunlight I was out with the camera.

On this occasion I headed for a group of beech trees in Clipstone Forest that border an indistinct footpath through the wood. They are closely planted and receive side lighting which makes them glow at the peak of their autumn colours:













Before going to any location I always have a target subject in mind, like the beech trees above, but after this I tend to react to scenes that are around me. Sometimes a theme will develop that I either spot at the capture stage or discover when I am reviewing the photographs after the visit. On this occasion it was the latter and I noticed a number of similar style compositions where the main subject is in silhouette with the light and colour behind it. I think these work well, particularly the first image below:





Finally to round up this visit to Clipstone Forest are a small selection of standalone images that simply try to capture the enjoyment of the season and the fine sunlight:  






No comments:

Post a Comment