Wednesday 9 June 2021

Woodborough Park Farm (April 2021)

Having given so much attention to reprocessing old photography in the last couple of months, I am now having to play catch up with the current work. I have also jumped around with the sequencing of recent posts and find myself stepping back to the start of April for this selection from Woodborough Park Farm.

I hadn’t planned to visit the farm but as I was driving by I could see that the fields had been prepared for spring with neat raking lines and fresh earthy tones. I also spotted a tree that I had photographed many times over the years standing on an island of mowed grass and thought this would make an interesting composition. 

To get this shot I had to walk through the farm and climb the hill on the far side - a reasonable walk on a public footpath. It was also one of those occasions where the flat overcast conditions didn’t detract from the photography. This was the image that I like the most:

These were some of the alternative compositions of the same tree:




One of the most appealing aspects of this farm is the undulating landscape which is best captured with a mid-range zoom lens. Certainly, a level of flexibility with the focal length helps to frame the scenes in camera and these were some of the results:
















No comments:

Post a Comment