Wednesday 16 June 2021

Bluebells (April 2021)

Having missed last year’s bluebells due to the Covid restrictions, I made an early visit to my usual location - a wood on the edge of Clumber Park. 

Normally there is a thick carpet of flowers but on this occasion it looked a bit thin. Initially I thought I was too early for the peak of the colour but then noticed that a number of trees had been cut down. At some point, either last year or during the winter, there had been some management of the wood. There wasn’t the usual shaded beech canopy that I associate with this location and I struggled for a decent shot. 

When I returned home I checked the photo catalogue to see that I had visited this location in the same week in previous years, so timing shouldn’t have been a problem. I also noted on social media other local  photographers commenting on this year’s poor display at this venue. May be next year will be better. 

In the meantime, these were results including some close ups of the flowers and general views of the wood. I have also added a couple of photographs from my last visit in 2019.











These are the scenes from the same week in 2019…





Having had little success in the bluebell wood I tried to make use of the time by walking towards Hardwick Village where I found a few patches of bluebells before getting diverted by close ups of tree bark. All in all, it wasn’t the greatest afternoon out with the camera, but sometimes that happens, and I move on to the next location and subject...







No comments:

Post a Comment