Thursday 24 June 2021

May on the Southwell Trail (2021)

April was said to be the coldest since 1922 and May followed with more record breaking weather. This time is was rain and the wettest May on record!

The persistent daily downpours curtailed some of the photography plans I had for the month which included going further afield for a change of photographic scenery. In the end, I was left with the usual local walks with a keen eye on the forecast, looking for periods of brightness and trying to dodge the inevitable sharp shower. 

I didn’t always judge it well and occasionally pushed my luck capturing the incoming weather. The most dramatic of these came whilst walking along the Southwell Trail. Heavy dark rainclouds from the west marched their way across a bright sunlit landscape and I chose an unusual sky dominated composition to emphasise the weather. These were some of the results:  




Prior to the above shots I had started to capture the sunlight looking towards Cockett Barn Farm. Again the dark, but less threatening clouds, made the scenes more appealing:










These were the final shots before scurrying for cover:







No comments:

Post a Comment