Sunday 20 September 2020

Scotland Trip Summary (2013)

This is the final post in the Scotland series from 2013. I started the review when the virus lockdown began and there was no new photography to post. Initially, I thought there would only be a few posts selecting the better photography from the trip but ended up working through each day and each session in the style I have generally adopted in this photoblog. In doing so, I have been surprised by images that were never processed at the time and delighted at revisiting locations I had half forgotten about. Moreover, it has been an enjoyable exercise that has kept my photography interest going in rather grim times. 

Now, as I try to resume my day-to-day photography, I am reminded that there is a more photography in archives that could be displayed in this format and going forward I am inclined to include more of my older photography.

In the meantime, and to conclude the Scotland trip, we left North Uist on a dull weather day and made our way home through Skye. We didn’t have much time to stop for photography but this series has been full of surprises, and there was one more set of photographs that I had totally forgotten about. I don’t know exactly where these were taken on Skye and only know that we stopped by the side of the road for a break. The images are interesting to me because they are another example of how my photography had starting to change during this trip and how I had developed an interest in abstract compositions. Using a long lens I focused on the patterns and textures of a mountainside and, although they lack some punch, they are the type of image that would inspire me today:











To give some context to the above images, this a wide angle view from the side of the road. It is just possible to make out the areas that I zoomed into:


No comments:

Post a Comment