Monday 10 August 2020

Scarista (Scotland 2013)

After visiting the Harris Tweed shop in Tarbert (see my previous post) we stopped somewhere close to Scarista beach. Judging by the photographs, and using maps, I think we were on Traigh an Taoibh Thuarth, a large expanse of sand at the foot of Chaipaval which is connected to Scarista beach.

The attraction was the view across to the snow topped North Harris Hills, the wide open aspect, and the muted pastel sand and sky tones. This was also another occasion on this trip where I took multiple images with the intension of creating panoramas, something that I only followed up as part of the review, seven years later - see the first two images below:











As this was the last full day on the Isle of Harris, the photography continued all the way into the evening. There was a late afternoon stop at a peat cutting site which I will cover in my next post, whilst near to sunset the day’s clear weather had turned rain:



The last shots of the day captured the late evening afterglow looking across from Seilebost to the Luskentyre and the North Harris Hills:



No comments:

Post a Comment