Tuesday 24 September 2019

Robin Hood Way (August 2019)

These are selection of photographs taken from footpaths that are part of the Robin Hood Way; a series of walks that connects Nottingham and Mansfield with Sherwood Forest. This particular path is circular walk no.6 from Farnsfield to Robin Hood Hill and the section I am on crosses farmland between Combs Lane and Greave Lane:












The crop, which I think is wheat, had collapsed in places...may be due to wind and rain?




There is an ash tree on this part of the path that I have photographed a number of times over the years. I particularly like the way it frames Robin Hood Hill in the background. On this occasion I took a number of different shots as I waited for the light to change:







The final shot of the evening looks down Greaves Lane across the farmland toward Haywood Oaks and Blidworth Woods. By this time the sun was just dropping below the cloud line leaving only a faint glow. Minutes later the sunlight had disappeared for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment