Friday 27 September 2019

Lockwell Hill (August 2019)

There is single hawthorn tree on the brow hill near to the Lockwell Hill roundabout on the A617/A614 junction. It occasionally appears on photographic social media. I guess it gets spotted by other photographers passing on the main roads and there is a convenient lay-by to stop and take a quick shot or two.

For my part, I probably photograph this tree once a year. I would do so more often but with traffic roaring passed, it is not a great photography experience! This was one taken in 2010 and I have always thought that this was my best photo of this particular tree.



I stopped to take some more photographs this year as the harvest had just taken place and there were some nice stripes in the fields. Unfortunately, whilst the light was good on the fields the sky was a little bland, lacking any depth of colour behind the tree. These were some of the results:












No comments:

Post a Comment