Monday 6 December 2021

Hanger Hill Wood (November 2021)

When visiting Sherwood Forest, particularly in Autumn, I head for Hanger Hill Wood. It is an area in the forest that I found marked on a map but I am never totally clear that whether my route exactly coincides with the wood. It is, however, a useful reference point that allows me to orientate myself around the forest and to built familiarity with different locations for the photography - plus there are only so many ways of saying that I am in Sherwood Forest yet again!

On this occasion, I found the group of beech trees that tend to colour early in full seasonal flow. Further along it is was bit different, the beech trees were still mainly green with the red oaks on the opposite side path providing some fine red and orange tones. This combination worked really well for a series that will probably define autumn 2021 for me…





















No comments:

Post a Comment