Wednesday 17 November 2021

The Desert (September 2021)

There is an area in Clipstone Forest that is known as the Desert. It is a remnant from the mining days, being close to the old Rufford Colliery. In recent years it has also been used as a coal reclamation site. 

Back in 2019, I speculated that the site was being regenerated, perhaps returning it back to nature, and it seems I was right. The area now has a sizeable pond/lake with a small island in the middle, which I could only capture with a series of shots, presented below in a panoramic format:

Overtime I suspect that it will become more green but currently, as can be seen above, it is still a mixture of dried mud and old coal deposits. I was also intrigued by the mud patterns at the edge of the water...the shapes in the first image below looking distinctly like crocodile snouts!











No comments:

Post a Comment