Wednesday 24 November 2021

September and October on the Southwell Trail (2021)

There will be some jumping around in the next few posts as I cover the photography in the local area during September and October. As stated previously, the photography was sporadic during this time and getting out with the camera was used more as a release than a planned activity. 

Often I found myself covering the same subjects on multiple occasions, like this field just off the Southwell Trail. My initial interest was the colours and textures of the stubble lines following the late summer harvest (see my recent post, Stubble Lines). I then returned several times as the golden post harvest tones were replaced by fresh greens, emphasised by some heavy October skies in a number of the images below, and later by some emerging autumnal colours: 












Stepping back to the start of September the new green had just started to show in the stubble lines, as had a vibrant green buffer at the front of field which included a selection of wildflowers. I can reflect on how important it was to be able to capture these small changes when experiencing difficult times, underlining for me, the power of photography as a mindful activity:








No comments:

Post a Comment