Tuesday 13 April 2021

Freedom in the Clouds (March 2021)

Being able to stay in the ‘present’ is the great benefit of photography. It clears the mind allowing me to concentrate on what I am capturing at the time, with all other issues put to one side. In this way, photography is enjoyable which I hope can be seen in my photographs.

Occasionally though I get distracted. I remember taking these two landscapes thinking about how many times I had captured this tree during the virus lockdown period and how the restrictions were forcing subject repetition to the point of boredom.





Over the years, however, I have managed to develop a solution for these circumstances. It is a simple one - stop taking photographs and spend time just observing. If I can’t resolve the issue or it keeps coming to mind I normally go home but importantly I blame the distraction and not the photography. 

If I am able to get deep into observation it frees up the mind. I can pick up the camera again uninhibited by invading thoughts and on this occasion the free mind saw the beauty in the clouds:








I could also return to the tree and see the uniqueness of that particular evening...


No comments:

Post a Comment