Wednesday 10 February 2021

Ice Abstracts - Part 2 (January 2021)

Occasionally, a set of images comes along which re-ignites my passion for photography and proves to myself, if I needed convincing, that persistence pays off. Although I take photographs most days, they are often simple records of the conditions whilst I wait for the opportunities to produce something that not only satisfies photographically but also excites. 

Of course, the big unknown is when those opportunities will present themselves, particularly relevant in the context of the current virus lockdown. 

If it wasn’t for the virus travel restrictions I could try and provoke an opportunity by going to a new location but even that doesn’t guarantee success. From my experience photography can’t be forced and like many activities it is a case of being patient and working at it. 

The images that sparked the excitement came from a most unassuming pool of frozen water in a corner of a field. Unlike the previous set of ice abstracts (see my last post), these were far more subtle both in colours and textures. In fact, it took a little post processing to draw out the final results and produce this panel of photographs:












I think the above images work nicely together as a set but I also like these shots from other icy pools on the same path:









No comments:

Post a Comment