Monday 29 July 2019

River Trent (April/May 2019)

In April I published a series of photographs taken along the River Trent at Fiskerton. Since then I returned a couple of times but walking in the opposite direction towards the Hazelford Lock.

This stretch of the Trent is particularly peaceful and in sunny weather it is extremely picturesque. I especially enjoyed the mirror-like reflections in the river and the colours from the trees and flowers that line the bank (I think the yellow flowers below are oilseed rape which have rooted from the nearby agricultural fields).








This next selection includes photographs from mid April. Some of the trees are still developing their full compliment of leaves and still have the fresh yellow / green colour which is characteristic of springtime:









Finally, at Hazelford Lock and weir, there is an old rusting barge that I would have like have got close to. Unfortunately though, access to the bridge across the river is restricted so I had to make do with some long range record shots:





No comments:

Post a Comment