Tuesday 23 July 2019

Combs Lane

I have been following the seasonal changes on Combs Lane in Farnsfield as part of a wider doorstep photography project.

Doorstep photography only includes photographs taken within walking distance of home and it aims to make the most of the local environment as a photographic subject. Most of the compositions are very simple. I try to use changes in the light and weather conditions to maximise the impact.

For example, in the last post from Combs Lane I captured a rainbow and this time I caught a burst of sunlight after a very sharp shower. One of the photographs I converted to black and white to emphasize the reflected light from the wet road:






Trees are the most frequent doorstep photography subject. There are a good variety around the village and I like to follow their progress through the seasons. This selection sees the trees on Combs Lane transition from winter to spring:



















No comments:

Post a Comment