Sunday 26 August 2018

Summer on the Southwell Trail - Part 3

By the time we had returned from Yorkshire (see my previous posts) the trail had been trimmed back to recover the width of the path. It was noticeable during spring how quickly the undergrowth invaded the trail making it hard for walkers and cyclists to pass each other. Once cut down, the exceptionally hot and dry weather scorched the mowed borders leaving it looking very straw-like:






With all the fine weather I found myself waiting for a break in the sunshine to capture some summer landscapes along the trail. Ideally, I would like the final 'Year on the Southwell Trail' photographs to be balanced across all seasons but I must admit that summer was proving the most difficult to capture. I felt that many of the early summer images were more record shots than anything else, although I was happier with this selection taken on one of the few cloudy days in early July:









Finally, a selection of repeated compositions from earlier in the Southwell Trail series - the aim is to capture the same scene over different seasons as one of the themes in the final Southwell Trail collection:







No comments:

Post a Comment