Tuesday 24 July 2018

Spring on the Southwell Trail - Wildflowers (June 2018)

I continued photographing the wildflowers on the Southwell Trail during June and these were some of the results. As I have said previously, I try hard to ensure that I make an accurate identification of the flowers but as there are many types, and some are very similar, mistakes are possible.

Common Spotted Orchid

These, I believe are common spotted orchids which I found growing in one of the fields off the trail:



Hedge Woundwort



Ox-Eye Daisy




 


Bird's-Foot Trefoil




Cocksfoot Grass




Red clover




Bramble & Bee



False Acacia (?)



Hogweed

The first photo is a hogweed expanding from its bud, then a close-up of a bee on the flowers, and finally a couple of creative images: 





No comments:

Post a Comment