Friday 17 June 2022

Blidworth Woods (April 2022)

I have managed to get behind with my posts, yet again, and as time marches on in the year there is a temptation to think that the content lacks relevance. After all it is now summer and I am still looking at spring’s photography. 

There is, however, a benefit in reviewing photographs one or two months after taking them. I can appreciate more of the subtleties of the season once it has passed. There is also the surprise of half-forgotten images. 

A good example is this set from Blidworth Woods from April. At the time there wasn't much excitement from the photography, I was simply documenting what I saw on the walk. Now, with the summer foliage dominating, the mix of winter bareness and fresh green growth has an attractive simplicity which was not fully recognised at the time: 
















No comments:

Post a Comment