Tuesday 24 August 2021

June on the Southwell Trail - Part 2 (2021)

As I mentioned in my previous post, much of the trail photography during June was less organised than previous years and mostly I responded to moments of inspiration or aspects that simply caught my eye. 

In particular I noticed how the dappled sunlight highlighted the creamy white flowers of the umbellifers* especially when set against areas of deep shadow. These were some of the results: 















*I note that the term umbellifers is now out-of-date and has changed to the more scientific sounding Apiaceae family which includes hogweed, cow parsley and pignut, to name but a few. 

Deciding which type Apiaceae I was looking seemed a task beyond the photography but I retained the term umbellifers for being more descriptive of the flowers which arrange themselves in umbrella-shaped umbels.



No comments:

Post a Comment