Thursday 29 November 2018

Beech & Birch, Sherwood Forest (October 2018)

Whilst in Sherwood Forest looking a the red oaks, see my previous post, I also captured some early colour in the beech and birch trees - although it would be at least another month before the colours would be at their peak.

One of my favourite destination in Sherwood for beech trees is a small glade near to Hanger Hill. I photograph it regularly as I like the shape of the trees, particularly some of the branches that droop low to the ground:











Although there was still a lot of green leaves a few had started to turn which I captured with some seasonal beech masts:








The silver birch trees are always good value for autumn photography. In the early part of the season the colour is dotted about as a few of the leaves start to turn yellow:





No comments:

Post a Comment