Monday 26 November 2018

Return to the Southwell Trail (October 2018)

At this time last year I started documenting the seasonal changes on the Southwell Trail. Initially I was only going to cover one season but ended up completing the whole year.

When we returned from our recent holiday to Lanzarote I was undecided about continuing the series for a second year. I didn't want to repeat the same format but recognised that I could improve on some of year's results, particularly as much of last October was grey and wet.

In addition, the trail photography and the walking has become a healthy habit. Having tracked my steps, I have walked further and more often in the last year with a corresponding drop in body weight. I also find it uplifted when I see small seasonal changes to the trees, flowers, crops and general weather conditions - the snow last year was fantastic for the photography. At times when improving physical and mental health are in the news, I can thoroughly recommend the benefits of camera walks.

With that in mind, these are some of the early autumn shots from the Southwell Trail picking out some of the subtle changes in leaf colour:















I also captured some autumnal fruit and berries including: a ripe wild pear, some dogwood berries, and a wide angle shot with a variety of berries (e.g. rose hips and hawthorn 'haws'):





 

No comments:

Post a Comment