Saturday 7 July 2018

Farnsfield In Spring (May 2018)

The last time I took photographs near to Blanchbeck Lane in Farnsfield we had experienced significant rainfall and there was a lot of standing water, both in the fields and on the roads. There was even some snow on the ground and it was an unpromising start to spring - see my post ‘spring rain’

On this occasion, it looked more spring-like with the yellow oilseed crop blooming in the fields. I particularly like how the tree branches frame the fields in this location: 














To the west of Farnsfield is another footpath which is part of the Robin Hood Way; a series of walks that connects Nottingham and Mansfield to Sherwood Forest. I don't often walk this path preferring a different route along the Southwell Trail, but this time I had seen from the road some oilseed crop growing in one of the fields and decided to take a closer look - it is the colour that attracts me, which makes me sound like a camera-toting insect following the light, but I do find the brightness of the yellow flowers uplifting, it sort of punches the eyes with its brilliance:





Something else that I find eye-catchingly irresistible are plough lines, which I mentioned in a recent post. These particular lines were in the field next to the oilseed rape and were so fresh the path had disappeared, which makes it a hard walk as the trenches are deeper than they first appear:




On more even ground the path makes its way to the village. There were a couple of oak trees on the path with young leaves sprouting or unfurling - do leaves sprout or unfurl? I am not sure. Anyway, I liked the shape of one of the trees that branched over the path:





Last but not least, a mass of stitchwort flowers which I spotted near to the path:



No comments:

Post a Comment