Tuesday 19 April 2022

Edingley Beck (February 2022)

It took longer than I anticipated but all the technology issues have now been resolved and everything is back to normal with more RAM and solid state drives. Prior to this, I had almost given up on my temporary solution, it was so slow, it ground the photo processing to virtual halt. Even simple steps were met with a crawling progress bar that defeated patience.  

Not wanting to add to a problem, I reduced my new photography over the winter. Initially, this wasn’t too hard as habits are easier to stop than they are to start. However, when opportunities presented themselves I found myself reaching for the camera with a level of motivation and sense of enjoyment that convinced me dig deep and buy a new PC. 

Currently, I am in the process of making good use of the fine spring weather and the emerging seasonal colours whilst testing the new processing capacity on the remaining winter images, including this set from Edingley Beck. 

All were taken just after the February storms on a walk along the Southwell Trail. As I reached Edingley Beck the sun broke through the clouds providing sunlight and heavy rainclouds, a combination which always inspires. This led to series of shots by the stream and then some on the trail as I walked back home:













No comments:

Post a Comment