Saturday 23 October 2021

Return to Woodland Photography (September 2021)

Autumn has to be my favourite season for woodland photography and it is, of course, all about light and colour. Instinctively as the calendar crosses into September I start to search out the venues that I might have avoided over the summer, put off by the overwhelming greenness. 

The first of these locations was the Foxcovert Nature Reserve and its neighbouring Watchwood. In truth I didn’t expect to find much seasonal change…it was far too early, but photography is good at abstracting, selecting only those things the photographer wants to show. In this case, the results gives an impression that the season was far more advanced than it actually was…for example, I spotted one particularly colourful sweet chestnut tree high in the canopy:






















No comments:

Post a Comment