Wednesday 12 June 2019

Cockett Barn Farm (April 2019)

I last photographed the fields around Cockett Barn Farm on the upper part of Hexgreave Estate in January and like many of my local walks and photographic locations the changing season refreshes the landscape and provides new interest for the photography.

This year’s crop on the far side of the hill was oilseed and I timed my visit to coincide with blooming and vibrant yellow flowers. I had also seen from a distance a pinkness on a couple of trees that stand on the brow of the hill which suggested apple blossom on trees that I had previously assumed to be hawthorn. It was definitely worth the walk to see and capture the tree’s spring display - a simple pleasure that might have passed me by in years gone by and something that an interest in photography has gratefully provided....




These are the views of the oilseed crop looking in the direction of Bilsthorpe:




And then some looking up and across to the Cockett Plantation:





Finally a selection of photographs on the walk up to Cockett Barn Farm including the imposing pylons that cross the landscape: 










No comments:

Post a Comment